Saturday, 10 March 2012

I Love Cloth Diapers

After a slight mishap today with the water heater today ("no Mr.Repair Man, no idea how the release valve started leaking *cough*) I was able to return to my regularly scheduled laundry duties.
Today is cloth diaper day at my house.
I know, I know...I can hear you from here. They aren't that gross....trust me.
As a first time mom I was determined to do all the best things I could for my baby and the environment even though in the back of my mind I was hesitant on a few things as well, the biggest one being cloth diapers.

Cleaning poop off bums *and* diapers? Blech.

Then I had a few conversations with a co-workers wife who happened to be a WAHM (work at home mom) whose business was catering to those who chose cloth diapering with products, information and a sympathetic ear. She talked me through the different diapering options I had, the endless different brands and prices ranges of these types of products and even the washing/caring for cloth directions Id need to be aware of. I was sold.

With Crystals help, and the selection she has at Nature Bumz, I have since amassed a collection of both AIO diapers - which are as easy to put on as a disposable diapers but are cloth so they dont contain any of the chemicals and other bad-for-baby things that your average disposable has hidden in them, and a pile of prefold diapers - which are the flat white ones our moms used to put on our butts but now come with super cute covers instead of those ugly plastic covers we'd have been wearing. The selling point for me was flushable liners....they look like toilet paper strips for diapers and they pretty much do just that, I peel this out of the diaper when its time to change my babies bottom and any poop that's there I can just flush away with the liner so the rest of the diaper can be thrown into the bin and await laundry day.

She doesn't stop at diapers either! She sells all sorts of safe & natural/organic items for the whole family. Nursing covers, body sprays, laundry soap, teething necklaces, jewelery and more.

If you are on the fence about cloth diapering I highly suggest you check out her site, talk to her on Facebook or twitter. If you are in the Niagara Region she will even give you are Diapering 101 in person!

Peanuts wearing his Sweetpea AIO

No comments:

Post a Comment