Wednesday, 21 March 2012

Home Made Pizza Dough (includes Recipe)

Todays  experiment was making my own pizza dough.
I always make my own whole wheat bread now, the Focaccia isn't going to bad (but next time it could definitely use more garlic) so pizza was the next step.

The crust turned out pretty thick, it is supposed to make either 2-3 12-inch pizzas or 1 deep dish depending on how thick you like the crust so with my little oven and the need to use smaller cookie sheets I just dumped the dough onto 1 pan and off I went. I love thick crust pizza anyways (Ill eat thin crust too...any pizza is good pizza in my book).
Now keep in mind I used my bread maker to do all the mixing work and I also subbed 1 of the cups of all purpose flour for whole wheat, make it at least pretend-healthy :)

Here is the recipe for you to try:

  • 1 1/2 cups water
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 3 3/4 cups bread flour
  • 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon sugar
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
Add ingredients to your bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Choose the dough cycle. Remove dough and fit dough into pizza pans, forming a 1-inch thick edge.
Brush with a little olive oil or vegetable oil, then let the crust rise for 10 to 15 minutes. Spread with tomato sauce or toppings of choice. Bake pizza at 400° for about 20 to 25 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment