Wednesday, 11 April 2012

Frugal Living - Home Made Pore Strips

At least once I day on the internet I come across a DIY/Frugal/Healthy way to do something, be it to take care of the house or take care of ourselves. And every now and then I've decided I'm actually going to try one of these things.
Today is home made pore strips. I don't know how many of you have tried or use on a regular basis such strips as Biore Deep Cleansing Pore Strips or maybe a store brand like CVS' but making your own at home cannot be any easier than this recipe:

1 Tablespoon unflavoured Gelatine
1 Tablespoon of milk (any % of milk fat)
1 Plastic Cup

Mix the milk and the gelatin in the cup, it should turn out to be pretty chunky looking and kind of grainy still.
Put in the microwave for 10 seconds (I did 15 because my microwave isn't that fantastic)
And what you get is a clear/yellowish thick liquid that you can spread on the parts of your face that you would normally put your pore strips. For this you can use an old makeup brush you don't use anymore, a popsicle stick or if you are me and have neither, I just spread it on using the back of my spoon I used to mix the stuff just put a thin layer!
Then you just wait 10-15 minutes, a good indicator is if your face feels like its going to crack when you talk, its dry :)
Peel off and view what kind of gross junk it pulls out of your pores.

The nice thing about these is it has way less chemicals in it. Here is the ingrediant list for the Biore strips:
Polyquaternium-37, Silica, Aqua, Glycerin, Polysilicone-13, Peg-12 Dimethicone, Hamamelis Virginiana, Titanium Dioxide, Stearyl lycyrrhetinate, Butylene Glycol, Methylparaben. 

No comments:

Post a Comment