Saturday, 21 April 2012

Home Made Cinnamon Raisin Bread

I've been slacking on getting this recipe up, so now that we are on our 2nd loaf of this stuff in 3 days, its safe to assume its a decent recipe and can be shared :)

Again for this bread I used my bread maker to mix, but took it out before the last rise, I did that in a breadpan and baked in the oven. I also soaked the raisins for about 5 minutes in some hot water to soften them up prior to going in the mix.

  • 1 cup water
  • 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
  • 2 cups White Flour
  • 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
  • 3 tablespoons sugar
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 2 1/2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
  • 1 cup Raisins
  • You can make a couple adjustments to this recipe. It originally called for just 3 cups of white flour but I split that up a bit, you can choose white or brown sugar for it (I used brown) and I just eyeball the salt - which means I probably only put 1/2 of a teaspoon of it in.


    Either do the whole cycle in your breadmaker or take out after the second mix and let rise in a breadpan for 30 minutes. Cook in the oven at 350 for 30 minutes.


    As you can see from the photo, its smaller than the whole wheat loaf of bread even though it has the same amount of flour/yeast. Also, you dont get the whole raisins like in store bought unless you hand mix this stuff, the bread machine kind of beats them into tiny bits. Tastes the same though.
     

    No comments:

    Post a Comment