Monday, 31 August 2015
Sunday, 30 August 2015
After Ann Coulter referred to President Obama as a “retard” in a tweet during Monday night’s presidential debate, Special Olympics athlete and global messenger John Franklin Stephens penned her this open letter:
Dear Ann Coulter, Come on Ms. Coulter, you aren’t dumb and you aren’t shallow. So why are you continually using a word like the R-word as an insult? I’m a 30 year old man with Down syndrome who has struggled with the public’s perception that an intellectual disability means that I am dumb and shallow. I am not either of those things, but I do process information more slowly than the rest of you. In fact it has taken me all day to figure out how to respond to your use of the R-word last night. I thought first of asking whether you meant to describe the President as someone who was bullied as a child by people like you, but rose above it to find a way to succeed in life as many of my fellow Special Olympians have. Then I wondered if you meant to describe him as someone who has to struggle to be thoughtful about everything he says, as everyone else races from one snarkey sound bite to the next. Finally, I wondered if you meant to degrade him as someone who is likely to receive bad health care, live in low grade housing with very little income and still manages to see life as a wonderful gift. Because, Ms. Coulter, that is who we are – and much, much more. After I saw your tweet, I realized you just wanted to belittle the President by linking him to people like me. You assumed that people would understand and accept that being linked to someone like me is an insult and you assumed you could get away with it and still appear on TV. I have to wonder if you considered other hateful words but recoiled from the backlash. Well, Ms. Coulter, you, and society, need to learn that being compared to people like me should be considered a badge of honor. No one overcomes more than we do and still loves life so much. Come join us someday at Special Olympics. See if you can walk away with your heart unchanged.
A friend you haven’t made yet,
John Franklin Stephens
Global Messenger Special Olympics Virginia
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/1NHW3KI
do you ever hate someone so much but you don’t even have a valid reason
you’re just like
And then they give you a reason and its like
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/1VpR02P
Friday, 28 August 2015
Thursday, 27 August 2015
Tuesday, 25 August 2015
Not enough people talk about the fact that Leonardo da Vinci was gay. Like, he’s literally the father of modern technology and one of the smartest human beings to ever live and I never ever learned in school that he was gay.
If all the LGBT people are as “DOOMED” as the bible thumpers think we are, hell, at least we’re in good company.
I was about to say I can’t believe I didn’t know this
and then I remembered the American education system
Yes, I can fucking believe I didn’t know this.
But yeah. Leonardo da Vinci was gay. Pass it on.
Leo painted a picture of his lover as Jesus and that’s the image we use today
Oh man that is sad. I’m sorry your teachers are failing you.
Some Leonardo facts you should tattoo on your heart:
- He was actually convicted for sodomy at age 24, but the allegations were dropped for lack of testimony. The charges affected him immensely, as he was by all means, a very private person.
- Da Vinci’s models for Christ are unknown. The claim that he depicted his lover as Jesus most likely arose from the bullshit about Cesare Borgia being the inspiration for White Jesus™ combined with the allegations that Leonardo and Cesare were lovers…There is little to no support for these claims. However, it’s speculated his lover Gian Giacomo Caprotti was the model for his St. John the Baptist.
- He was universally beloved (minus Michelangelo lollll), like the nicest, funniest, gentlest, handsomest man you’d ever meet. He was generous beyond words, treated everyone equally, and loved to play pranks.
- He was also fuckin’ ripped. It was rumored he could bend a horseshoe in half with his bare hands.
- Often wore pink and other vibrant colors.
- Rumored to sleep approx. 2 hours a night.
- Was left-handed and ambidextrous. He was dyslexic, possibly had ADD, and suffered from frequent paranoia.
- He was his own worst critic and often destroyed his work. He still left behind over 13k journal pages, filled with sketches and so many dick jokes.
- His last words were: “I have offended God and mankind because my work did not reach the quality it should have.”
- Would buy caged animals from the market just to set them free. He was allegedly a vegetarian.
- For a time he kept a pet lizard and made him a custom set of wings and horns. He would routinely scare the shit out of people with his ‘dragon.’
- My all time fave: While staying in the Vatican he would invite guests into a residential room which had been filled with cleaned/dried animal intestines that he had sewn together. He fastened a bellows to the end of the intestines and proceeded to inflate them. Onlookers were so excited to see DaVinci’s new ”invention” that they didn’t even realize this asshole was just blowing up a giant balloon and pinning them to the wall holy shit I love him so much.
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/1EUQQad
Monday, 24 August 2015
Friday, 21 August 2015
Thursday, 20 August 2015
sorryallonsy: When you’re crocheting and making tons of progress and everything looks great, it’s...
When you’re crocheting and making tons of progress and everything looks great, it’s one of the happiest feelings in the world.
When you’re crocheting and all of a sudden the pattern doesn’t make sense, you’re splitting the yarn, and you ribbit more than you actually make progress, the only thing that will ever bring you happiness again is seeing the yarn go up in a pile of flames.
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/1MHveWQ
please reblog this if it is okay to anonymously confess something to you
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/1KyTyEf
When the young Gay enters the chrysalis phase before coming out.
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/1J8EkYP
from Facebook http://ift.tt/1K9aDsx
Wednesday, 19 August 2015
Tuesday, 18 August 2015
Monday, 17 August 2015
Rape subtly explained by Alli Kirkham
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/1hkhq7P
Sunday, 16 August 2015
Saturday, 15 August 2015
reblog til your index bleed
Fun fact. In the US it requires more training to legally become a hair stylist than a police officer. In some states requiring more than DOUBLE the minimum hours of training for hairstylists than those required of law enforcers.
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/1NhhFwe
Friday, 14 August 2015
:: Tutorial: Larksfoot Crochet and a #larksfootalongmeet me at mikes | meet me at mikes.
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/1Mt2iBO
Thursday, 13 August 2015
Wednesday, 12 August 2015
Tuesday, 11 August 2015
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/1NoSZzN
Monday, 10 August 2015
What they won’t show you on CNN tonight: Ferguson residents line a parade of roses down W Florissant, leading to where Mike Brown was taken from this world. #staywoke #powerful #insolidarity
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/1J0BGWc
Saturday, 8 August 2015
Bought Logan some shirts while at the Fergus Scottish Festival
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/1MUuGww
Thursday, 6 August 2015
(via https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1WIEl4hRvA) Live stream happening now!@#
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/1Ebb2o3
Tuesday, 4 August 2015
Monday, 3 August 2015
“Recognize the KluKluxKlan as a domestic terrorist organization & make their eradication a Homeland Security priority.” There are 24,980 signatures by far and 75,020 is needed.
The link is in my bio! #KuKluxKlan #Terrorism #Terrorists #BlackLivesMatter
Everyone Boost This, please. Tell the same people who DESTROYED the BLACK PANTHERS For doing nothing racist and fighting for our Black people, that they need to take the same actions, if not worse actions, against these Domestic White Terrorists. Reblog.
if you sign, please remember to verify your email or it wouldn’t count.
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/1IfYuzs
Sunday, 2 August 2015
Saturday, 1 August 2015
Folk high schools are one-year boarding schools offering a variety of exciting non-traditional and non-academic subjects, as well as academic subjects. The idea of folk high schools is learning for life, an opportunity to grow both individually, socially, and academically in small learning communities. All students live on campus in close contact with staff and their fellow students. One important part of the folk high school experience is to form a community, in and out of class.
Follow Ultrafacts for more facts!
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/1IgCeTW